Saturday, February 27, 2010

best paint for plastic containers that will contain food.?

Trying to paint 39 oz. coffee cans for canisters %26amp; need to change the color combo. Need something that will withstand dishwasher use. best paint for plastic containers that will contain food.?
Kathleen, I've painted many things and the paint has lasted through washing but not a dishwasher. Plastic containers are really hard since they aren't solid...they move when they are empty. I mean the surface moves. I've just used regular latex paints, but I don't paint the insides at all, where food will be in contact. I wish I could think of something that durable! As long as the surface isn't firm, like wood or ceramic, the movement will eventually crack the paint.


Sounds like you are redecorating! Have you thought about covering the containers in contact paper? Or washing them by hand? best paint for plastic containers that will contain food.?
Just use primer, then paint with a high gloss.they will not stand up to dish washer.
  • hair clips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment