Saturday, February 27, 2010

Which type of paint is best for plastic?

I'm overseas right now (Spain), and I don't have very many choices as far as paint goes. I need to paint a large trashcan for a Pep Rally.Which type of paint is best for plastic?
Hi I live in Spain and would suggest you spray paint it. Rub the trash can over lightly with sandpaper first to give the paint something to cling to. Spray paint in a well ventilated area and wear a mask.


If you have a Chinese bazaar type shop near you the paint can be bought very cheaply.


I have recently spray painted a plastic stool which has got quite a bit of use since I did it and it is still ok.Which type of paint is best for plastic?
Trashcans are usually made of vinyl and paint does not stick well to vinyl. You'll need to prime it first with a good primer like Zinsser or Kilz. Then you can use whatever paint you want. Just be careful not to bend the can or anything that may make the paint peel off. Have fun!
There is a product on the market that is formulated just for plastic. It is called Fusion paint. I havn't tryed it yet, but people have recommended it to me. I will soon be trying it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment