Saturday, February 27, 2010

Should I use paint or primer first on my plastic chair?

I want to paint a plastic chair that's going to be outside in the garden, and I don't know what paint method to use.





Can I just paint the chair with a spray can with a number of coats, or should I spray paint with primer first?Should I use paint or primer first on my plastic chair?
Yes, you can spray paint a plastic chair without primer. There is a spray can product called Fusion, especially made for plastic. You will need to clean the chair really well for good adhesion. The Mr. Clean magic eraser sponges are the very best product for this job. You will be amazed how these sponges work. After cleaning, of course you will have to allow the chairs to completely dry before spraying. If you have a lot of spraying to do, there is a spray can attachment used like a trigger to spray the paint so your index finger does not go numb for two days. Yes, that happened to me.





I hope my suggestions have been informativeShould I use paint or primer first on my plastic chair?
clean the chair, then go to a real paint store and get a can of spray paint that is made for plastic. you should not need a primer.
You can use krylron for plastic no need to prime before painting.But you need to clean your chair beforehand with a mild soap solution. use as many light coats as needed to cover the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment