Thursday, February 25, 2010

The cellulose aerosol I have bought for my Rover 600 seems to react with the plastic bumper paint. Why ?

The aerosol paint seems ok on the bodywo.rkThe cellulose aerosol I have bought for my Rover 600 seems to react with the plastic bumper paint. Why ?
Most paint will chemically react with plastics. You should pick up plastic rated paint at an automotive body shop.The cellulose aerosol I have bought for my Rover 600 seems to react with the plastic bumper paint. Why ?
cellulose will lift normal paint.
There are specific paints for bumpers. I would also recommend you switch to an Acrylic based spray paint, they are usually slightly less agressive.
There is wax on it most likely bumper blacking, wash of with parafin then hot soapy water
Bumper is plastic, whereas the bodywork is steel.


You need an appropriate primer applied first.
Your bumper is painted with acrylic paint, The solvent in the cellulose paint causes a reaction. most paint manufacturers make most colours in acrylic.
  • hair clips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment