Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do you need special paint for a plastic sun catcher?

I bought some for a craft and dont know what paint you need to use to make it work/stay on, etc.Do you need special paint for a plastic sun catcher?
I bought a kit that had the paint/dye in it. It was more runny than paint. You just put a drop onto the area where you want the color. You don't actually ';paint'; it on. I'd check at a craft store. I found mine at Pat Catan's.





My three year old caught on quickly, and her suncatcher, although the colors were swirled, came out beautifully. (I helped her too.)Do you need special paint for a plastic sun catcher?
The paint needs to be translucent to allow the sun to ';shine through';. Check at a Craft store for it.
craft stores have glass paint for suncatchers. you can get it pretty cheap if you buy a kit (yes it can be used, even with the plastic)

No comments:

Post a Comment