Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can I paint a plastic pond?

I have a large, 6ftx4ft deep, black plastic pond and want it a light colour so the fish show up more.What can I use?Can I paint a plastic pond?
I know there are spray paints available for plastics out there, however, spray paints often have allot of harmful chemicals in them. Even after spray paints are cured, these chemicals could leech into the pond water and may have adverse affects on your fish. I'd ask your local pet store, and then go to a hardware/paint store to get the paint. Ask the staff at the hardware/paint store about the curing/drying times for the paint, and tell them that you plan to have the paint underwater.Can I paint a plastic pond?
you can you just regular paint but wait for it to dry before you put water in it ok.
Krylon..has a plastic paint out..that works great!
Yeah - I'd go with the gravel - you can never be too sure until the fish start dying :/
Try pale gravel instead. Remember to rinse it well before you add it or the dust will make the water cloudy.
no don't u will cause more problems than u can imagine, ponds are made dark to help reduce the growth of algae
As long as you do not put any fish in it! Paint is toxic to fish. I would suggest plants only. Try any outdoor spray paint. Walmart, Ace and Aco sell them for a good price.





You contact a Fish supply store or a Garden center for more information on the correct paint to use. That is so youcan put the fish back in the pond.


Good luck!


Kim
I used pea stone in mine. I think it looks better. I would avoid the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment