Thursday, February 18, 2010

Does anyone know how I can change the color of my interior plastic parts without paint?

I've heard of a process that changes the color of your plastic components by dunking them in a chemical tank with a film on the surface. I've tried doing a search for it but can't find what I'm looking for. Can someone provide me with a link or steer me in the right direction?Does anyone know how I can change the color of my interior plastic parts without paint?
If you can remove the parts, I suggest just using paint. I painted the plastic that surrounds the stereo, temperature controls, etc. used a very light sand paper on it (wet sanding) and spray painted it. It turned out very well and even looked professional. I suggest if you are able to remove the parts (which if you were planning on dunking them, should be able to) just using a spray paint. However, the sanding can be time consuming if you're as meticulous as I was.Does anyone know how I can change the color of my interior plastic parts without paint?
The film on the surface would be, of course, paint. So the answer would be ';you can't'; since you said without paint.





Also, Cars and Transportation, Insurance and Registration doesn't seem the best place to ask your question. And once you find a more appropriate category, you might think of adding more information, like what plastic interior parts you are talking about, for example.
You have plastic parts? Which ones? Lungs? Kidneys? Bladder? Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment