Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How do I paint plastic drawers?

Ok so we have a 3 drawer chest of drawers that is so old, painting is the only way to being it back from the brink of death lol





Its got that white plasticy finish on it and I'm just wondering...


Do I use emulsion, gloss or some other type of paint to cover it?How do I paint plastic drawers?
Go ahead and paint it. What have you got to lose??? I would clean it with deglosser -light sanding-and prime it. Then you could find a paint color you like in a spray can. I would go with a satin finish since it doesn't show imperfections as much. You could even stencil the front of the drawers and maybe a border around the top. Spray a couple coats of clear lacquer when the paint is dry.How do I paint plastic drawers?
It sounds as if it's white melamine you're talking about. My advice would be DON'T paint it! You could, using the right paint, but the result would probably look terrible.





Painter and decorator.
Krylon puts our a spray paint called';fusion';meant specifically for plastics.
I would use Spray Paint.It sticks to almost anything 9/11
use any paint...gloss or matt finish is purely your choice.
  • music myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment