Thursday, February 18, 2010

I need to strip a radiator that has plastic spray on paint and is ridged. Can't use strong chemicals?

I am allergic to strong chemicals, the paint is flaking in parts so I can't paint over and the radiator is ridged so sanding is diffiuclt. Do the environmentally friendly strippers work or is there anything else I can do?I need to strip a radiator that has plastic spray on paint and is ridged. Can't use strong chemicals?
I wouldn't strip it. I'd scrape off all the flaking, prime with a high adhesion primer, and then paint. There's no need for heat resistant paint. Any latex will do really well. HGTV does this all the time.I need to strip a radiator that has plastic spray on paint and is ridged. Can't use strong chemicals?
hi first make sure the heating is turned off you could use a paint stripper that is suitable for metal available at major hardware stores its easy you just brush it on and follow the guidelines on the can or you could sand it with sandpaper but both methods are a bit messy before you repaint it prime it withy a good primer hope this helps sue

No comments:

Post a Comment