Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Will paint pens wash off plastic cups in the dishwasher?

I have to label my daughters plastic sippy cups for Preschool. I would like to know if the paint pen ink/paint will survive the dishwasher. I could use sharpies, but I would prefer to use the paint pens if it will last. Thanks!Will paint pens wash off plastic cups in the dishwasher?
Worth a shot... Try it out %26amp; see if they stay on through a rinse or two.


Probably won't, though. Sharpie even fades after a few washes.


If you can, get label makers or something... They stick to the plastic %26amp; won't wear off for at least a few months I would assume.Will paint pens wash off plastic cups in the dishwasher?
It might be worth it to invest in some of these. http://www.mypreciouskid.com/name-labels鈥?/a>





Name Label Features Include:


Dishwasher Safe


Microwaveable


Can be boiled/sterilized


Constructed with FDA compliant non-toxic material


Fits snug around containers - young children can't remove


Help small hands with a non-slick grip


Easy to transfer to different cups, bottles, etc


Braille on custom labels reads ';InchBug';


Will never peel, fade or wash away!
In my experience it will last for awhile but eventually wear off. I've never come across any marker or sticker that has been 100% dishwasher-proof. In this case it might be worth it to spend the money on those nice sippies that have the name already pre-printed on them.
Paint pens will not survive a trip in the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment