Thursday, February 18, 2010

How can I get blue kids paint out of plastic table cloth?

Kids have been painting at the kitchen table and all the paint has come out of the table cloth except the blue. Most of it has come off but it's left faded blue marks. It looks awful! Same thing happened to their school shirts from painting at school, alll came out except the blue. Any ideas for that one too would be appreciated.


ThanksHow can I get blue kids paint out of plastic table cloth?
I have always had a great deal of success with Spray N Wash stain stick. Sometimes, I think I must keep them in business! I apply it using the stick applicator, and then let the garment sit for a few days, but no more than a week. Then, launder in the coldest water possible. I like to use Clorox 2 for Colors along with Tide because I think that helps to make the colors look their brightest. DO NOT put the garment in the clothes drier unless all of the stain is out because the heat will only set the stain, making it impossible to come out. This process should work for the school shirts, but not for the plastic table cloth. By plastic, do you mean vinyl with a flannel backing??? If so, the vinyl table cloths are fairly affordable and I would just replace it.


If you don't want to chuck it, try using using a damp, warm cotton dish cloth to apply a paste of baking soda and water. The paste should be abrasive enough to remove or lighten the stain, yet mild enough to maintain the table cloth's color. Ammonia or bleach would strip the color, so you'd want to stay away from those. If the baking soda and water paste doesn't work, try applying plain club soda because the carbonation often acts as a good stain remover. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment