Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do I remove spray paint from a plastic motorcycle fender?

The previous owner painted the front fender on my old dirtbike with spray paint. It is all cracked because it cant hold up to the flexing of the plastic (ABS?) fender. I have found plastic polish but am afraid to use solvents on the ABS.How do I remove spray paint from a plastic motorcycle fender?
Light wet sandpaper, keep it wet while sandingHow do I remove spray paint from a plastic motorcycle fender?
Personally, I would color sand it.


Get a sheet of 1500 grit wet-dry sandpaper (3M)


A small container of water and liquid dish soap.


Tear the sand paper into four and drop them into the solution.


Wait until they curl.


In little circles, sand away what you don't want. Keep the surface wet. I use a clean wet rag.


Use rubbing compound, swirl remover and paste wax to finish.





I have no idea how big your fender is, so maybe you might need more sheets. I doubt it though.
Try WD 40
Buy a new fenda?

No comments:

Post a Comment