Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How to paint vinyl/plastic bumper grill?

Hello, I'd like to paint the plastic/vinyl bumper grill on my car. It seems like it would be difficult to take out so I'd like to paint it on the car. I would like to use a brush and can of paint to do it. Any suggestions how I can do this and what paint to use? I want to paint it black. Thanks!How to paint vinyl/plastic bumper grill?
It will look terrible if you use a Brush...





Either take it off the vehicle or tape the sorrounding area off with plastic and use Spray Cans to paint it..





First, However.. you MUST remove all waxes, tar and other contaminants beofre you paint it... Otherwise the paint will not adhere right to the plastic.. Even though you cannot see it, the contaminants are There...


Use some fine sandpaper along with water to sand it before you paint it..





They do make special paints for the plastic bumpers.. Ask your local parts store rep to assist you on which ones are available.. Or, search the internet..How to paint vinyl/plastic bumper grill?
They have a brand of paint out by Krylon called Fusion, I tried it and works good. I have painted the cowl and grill on my car over a year ago and is holding very well. It is supposed too be made for plastic/vinyl. I got it at Wal mart so you should be able to get it anywhere!
i wouldn't advise using a brush and can as it'll drip. but you can get a spray tin in halfords specially for plastic trim. just make sure you cover and mask off everything you want to stay original oh and use the plastic primer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment