Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What kind of paint should I use for painting plastic (like the kind of plasic keyboards are made of)?

I know how to die the plastic one color- but I do not know what kind of paint to use for small details. I am currently modding a keyboard and I want to do cool lettering- but I need a paint that is good to use with something like a paintbrush that won't make the keyboard look ';odd';What kind of paint should I use for painting plastic (like the kind of plasic keyboards are made of)?
Use ';Even Easy'; paint.What kind of paint should I use for painting plastic (like the kind of plasic keyboards are made of)?
may also depend on how permanent you want paint to stay, ~you could start with craft acrylics, and that type would stay but also peel off ,


~then there testors model paint, more permanent, and could remover with acetone, but will damage plastic when removing, theres also nail polish and nail polish remover,


~if you want you could try oil paints for art, and again depends how permanent you want paints to be and not removed,


..
It depends a great on what it is and why you want to paint whatever is that you are painting. It really does depend on many varaiable factors.
there is a spray paint called fusion it is meant for plastic, otherwords get a primer called X-I-M in an aerosol can and you can use any paint you want to.





also im sorry acrylic paint is not plastic it is an oil based alternative yes it is water based it might work but i doubt it will hold up.
How about acryllic. It is a water based paint and it is plastic.
  • music myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment