Sunday, February 21, 2010

How can I paint my plastic car emblems shiny black? thank you?

So I have Plastic Car emblems and I took them off to paint them shiny black. I got black spray paint called Rust Oleum, which is made for painting plastic, and I painted it. It became black, but it was more of a dirty black. I want to paint my emblems like a Shiny black. Does anyone know how I can do this? Was the paint I used wrong? Was I supposed to sand it off first? Anything can help thank you so muchHow can I paint my plastic car emblems shiny black? thank you?
well being plastic you dont have to sand but wash them off with laquer thinner let themdry use gloss black paint paint where its warm on newspaper cold willcause the problem youve describe good luckHow can I paint my plastic car emblems shiny black? thank you?
I just got a can of Rustoleum for plastic to use on a plastic fence. I (personally) noticed it did not seem to have the same hi-gloss that the Gloss Black of Rustoleum normally has. I'd grab another can of ';regular'; Rustoleum (or any other exterior grade spray paint) that's Gloss Black and try that again on your emblems. When I looked at the can (and site) it didn't specify ';Gloss';. Good luck.
you should scuff the surface and get high gloss paint you can get it at walmart or any auto parts store rust oleum sells it too
Rust Oleum for plastic GLOSSY BLACK. Although you don't need a rust preventing paint because plastic does not rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment