Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do I get paint off plastic with out damaging the plastic?

I had an ATV stolen and painted black. I want to remove the ugly black paint and restore it back to original colorHow do I get paint off plastic with out damaging the plastic?
Unless the thieves used a plastic paint and scuffed the plastic or used an adhesion promoter on it before painting it, you could try to use compressed air or a power washer on it. I would definitely not use any sort of paint stripper on it as it will react with the plastic and melt it away.How do I get paint off plastic with out damaging the plastic?
have u tried paint stripper i dont think it takes the original paint of or if it is freshly painted in the last 2 months or so use clear laquer on a rag and it should just come of
If your careful, use a single edge razor blade. Use a new sharp one though, you have to use more pressure with a dull one, bigger chance of messing up plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment