Thursday, February 18, 2010

How to achieve paint adhesion to plastic models.?

After washing the plastic model in soap and water I still have problems with paint adhesion. When I dry brush the paint sometimes comes off the painted surface that has already been painted. I am hand brushing with acrylic paints.


Ideas?





Thanks............JackHow to achieve paint adhesion to plastic models.?
Okay, bravo for washing with soap %26amp; water first !!





I mostly use enamels, but have been experimenting with acrylics on some of my railroad equipment: I've noticed that the paint requires thorough drying time before weathering.





I've gotten by the problem by coating with a matte finish after the primary coat.





GOOD LUCKHow to achieve paint adhesion to plastic models.?
Have you tried wiping it down with rubbing alcohol after washing it in soap and water? If you use a soap with oils in it, it will make the paint not stick well. Try using Dawn if you wash down a model.
Sounds like you need to use a primer paint of some kind to get the paint to stick to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment