Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What kind of paint should I use to paint a plastic flowerpot?

I want to liven up my plain-old green plastic hanging flower pot with a new background color and cute stencil. What type of paint will work best?What kind of paint should I use to paint a plastic flowerpot?
Krylon Plastics Paint is the only one right now on the market that will adhere and stay adhered to plastics. Most other paint will peel, fade and crack particularly if they are exposed to the sun. You can find it at the home improvement centers. Just make certain that all of the surfaces you paint are clean before application.What kind of paint should I use to paint a plastic flowerpot?
Rustoleum makes a plastic paint, too. I have used the Krylon Fusion paint and the one thing that I discovered is that the cans do not cover as much as you think. So buy extra.





Also, be sure you follow the prep advice. You do different things if it is well used as opposed to new and unweathered plastic.
They sale spray paint for plastics.My daughter painted her chaise last year with it.Does a good job of it.She got hers at Walmart...
Krylon is the best, but any exterior latex will do.
brown
  • music myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment