Sunday, February 21, 2010

How long can i keep wrapping my paint brushes and rollers in plastic wrap during my painting project.?

It's taking a lot longer than I thought. Should I wash them once in awhile or can I keep wrapping them up until I am finished? Thanks!!How long can i keep wrapping my paint brushes and rollers in plastic wrap during my painting project.?
Brushes should be cleaned daily. The first thing I do with roller covers at the end of the day is scrape the excess paint into the can with a 5-in-1. Then I remove the cover from the frame and drop it in a pail of water. The next morning I spin it dry and keep using it. This only works with latex paint. Another option is to wrap it like you are doing now. Store it in the refrigerator to keep it from drying out.How long can i keep wrapping my paint brushes and rollers in plastic wrap during my painting project.?
I'd clean the brushes daily, but don't dry them out, just keep them damp till if you'll use them again soon, and dry them out just before you do. I wrap them in a cloth so they keep their shape. With the rollers, it just depends. Wrap them really well and closely while they're still wet and they could be good for quite some time. I use tinfoil wrapped very closely, and then a plastic bag over that. I found a roller once that I'd forgotten about and it was still wet after a couple of weeks. I never wash rollers any more, they just don't get clean enough to use again so I pretty much call them disposable and don't try to save them for another job. But I'm going to try what the first poster suggested.
Go with what the professional painter says. Although, I have put the pan, rollers %26amp; brushes in the freezer if it was going to take me a couple days to get back to the project.





My son, who is also a painter, thought I was nuts, but it works for both latex and enamel paint.
I used the same brush on 4 jobs and thin I cleaned it and I still have the brush.Just keep repacking it air tight it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment